PRANAYAMA & YOGA NIDRA WORKSHOP
(6 Days Workshop – Live Online On Zoom)
Dates: 28 December to 02 January 2021
Timings: 06.00 PM to 07.00 PM (India Standard Time, IST)
Price: Price: 30 USD (2000 INR)
There are two important aspects of Yoga:
- The liberation of energy.
- Expansion of consciousness.
In order to achieve a state of harmony and fulfilment in life, constant effort is required on both aspects simultaneously. The practices of Pranayama & Mediation in combination fulfil this purpose. Through the practices of Pranayama, the energy is liberated and by practising Meditation, expansion of consciousness takes place.
Introduction to Pranayama:
Prana means the “vitality of life” or “Lifeforce” which expresses itself through various centres of the body. Pranayama means the regulation or control of prana, vital energy, in three stages: inhalation, retention and exhalation of breath.
- Through practising pranayama, the lungs become stronger and flexible. In the body, heat is generated which produces beneficial effects on general health.
- A large quantity of oxygen is supplied to the body. The greater the intake of oxygen, the greater is the quantity of carbon dioxide expelled.
- Chemical changes brought about by physical exertion result in the break-up of matter within the body and consequent loss of energy, which is compensated by an increased supply of oxygen through pranayama.
- Pranayama also produces a healthy and invigorating effect on the brain and the nerves. It tones up the functioning of the brain; dormant centres in the smaller and greater brain are energized and latent potentialities are awakened.
- All-round development of the pituitary and pineal glands is brought about by practising pranayama regularly.
- Pranayama has its positive effect not only on the breathing mechanism, but also, on other organs of the body – the liver, kidneys, etc., are all toned up, and by their brisk and vigorous activities, the circulation of blood is accelerated, leading to oxidation with greater speed.
- Pranayama helps in expelling impurities from the body, which increases appetite, tones up the intestines and improves peristalsis, removing constipation.
- Pranayama is not only beneficial to the respiratory system but is also necessary for the maintenance of general health and building up the whole system.
- While practising vigorous pranayama, the mind becomes inactive and tranquil for some time.
- Through pranayama, we gain control over the nerves. As soon as this is brought about, nervous tensions are minimized. Extraordinary strength and energy are obtained.
- Pranayama is a sure way to tone up the nervous system.
- Pranayama is a practice for casting impurities out from the human system, which helps the process of purification of pranic channels.
Introduction to Meditation:
The secret answer to the suffering is Dhyana, meditation. Through practising meditation, we begin to realize that the cause of our disappointments, unhappiness and troubles is not the outside, material world. The cause of our restlessness and turmoil is internal. Once we know this, we can avoid wasting energy on improving our external environment and can start to look deeply within ourselves. We then discover a way to tackle all our issues.
Meditation is communion with the inner self. It is the means of expanding our consciousness, transcending the external being and becoming one with the infinite source of light and wisdom.
- Meditation is an exercise of mental discipline. It is a subjective approach to disciplining and directing the mind towards the aspired goal.
- It is a way to control the vagaries of the mind. People suffering from inner conflicts due to divergent emotions, such as worry, anxiety, indecisiveness, etc., are greatly benefited by the practice of meditation.
- Meditation gives a chance for introspection and clears the of the inner self.
- Meditation awakens the inner self, through which the latent or unused faculties of the mind or the brain centres are awakened. If the mind is set free from memories of past experiences even for the time being – if it is absolutely tensionless and one-pointed – its energies can be directed towards the exploration of the unknown, unseen and unheard regions.
Features of the program:
स तु दीर्घकालनैरन्तर्यसत्कारासेवितो दृढभूमिः॥१४॥
Sa tu dīrghakālanairantaryasatkārāsevito dṛḍhabhūmiḥ||14||
“It becomes firmly grounded by being continued for a long time with reverence, without interruption.”
Patanjali Yoga Sutra, Samadhi Pada, Sutra 14
This yoga sutra of Patanjali is the foundation of this program. This sutra has 3 conditions to become successful and achieve the desired result of Yoga: –
1st condition – The practise should be continued for a long period.
2nd condition – The practice should be uninterrupted.
3rd condition – It should be practised with faith.
This course is designed in a way that you first learn level-1, the practice it on your own for some time and then only join for level-2 & 3. Ideally, any Yoga course is only to learn and understand the components systematically and then practice on our own for a long period, uninterrupted and with faith.
- Loosening & Meditative Asanas, Part – 1
- The concept & importance of Pranayama
- The Nadies (channels of prana)
- Pre-pranayama practices:
- Abdominal breathing
- Thoracic breathing
- Thoracic & Clavicular breathing
- Yogic breathing
- Nadi Shodhana Pranayama (psychic network purification) Stage 1 to 3
- Bhramari Pranayama (humming bee breath)
- Yoga Nidra
- Meditation – Ajapajapa Stage 1 to 3
Pranayama is the complete solution of your problem
IMPORTANCE OF PRANAYAMA RETREAT
- Learn the Importance of Pranayama.
- Know the connection in between Pranayama and practical lifestyle.
- Get the right knowledge about Pranayama and meditation.
- Know the sequence of Pranayama for your practical life.
- Find the connection between asanas and Pranayama.
- Understand all about the mind and Pranayama.
- Learn the proper knowledge of right breathing style.
- Learn the right technique and practice of Pranayama to get a healthy body and mind.
HIGHLIGHTS OF ‘PRANAYAMA RETREAT’
- Know the right way of breathing
- Get knowledge and practice of pranayama for a calm and focused mind.
- Practice pranayama for healthy body and balanced mind
- Pranayama for spiritual growth
- Understand the importance and practical aspects of pranayama
- Experience meditation by pranayama.
- Be more energetic throughout the day by pranayama
Siddhant visited different places for the sake of Spiritual Awakening and finally came to Rishikesh and started his intense spiritual practice near the presence of holy river Ganga and the Himalaya. By the time, he frequently visited different great Sadhus and Yogis to unlock the secret of life and to discover the unique spiritual practices. Those techniques have a very powerful impact on Siddhant to his spiritual transformation.
Siddhant focussed on the Yoga Philosophy, Meditation and Pranayama as these all help you to develop the right Understanding and the attitude of Gratitude in you for your growth. He is sharing his knowledge & understanding with those seekers, who are coming to learn Yoga and its aspects from different parts of the world.